Monday, July 24, 2006

Matrimonial traits

I spent a hilarious evening with a relative in India looking at the bio-data of her prospective suitors. She is, as they say in our parts, in the marriage market. She isn’t too happy about this, but has decided to go along to buy some time and space. Her family, btw, is not searching for a husband. No sir, they are searching for an alliance. What had decided the first shortlist was matching horoscopes.

Some of these heroes had very interesting things to say about themselves in their bio-data.

A few gems-

Colour: White

Complexion: Fair. Good-looking.

Occupation of mother: Married.

Occupation of sister: Married. Settled (sounds like she is on antipsychotics, as in, the patient is calm and settled).

Occupation of sister: Settled in California.

Attitudes (sic): I am open-minded to my wife working. She is welcome to help me in my out-sourcing business so that we can make it more and more successful together. I am having annual turnover of Rs. 37 lakhs currently (sic). If my wife doesn’t want to join me, I am open-minded to support her decesion (sic) to be involved in her seperate (sic) job also. I am an open- minded, go-getting type of person (Wokay?)

Attitude: God fearing.

By the end of this, we were both rolling on the ground.

P.S. If any of you chaps are out there, I’ve got your mugshots on my mobile. Just had to show it to the Lady, sorry. I promise to delete them afterwards.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh..matrimonials can sure be funny, except for the person caught at the receiving end of them.

Welcome back.

~N.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Dew Drops said...

some more:

i did MBA finance 'cos i was weak in maths

i want the girl to be well educated so that my children get gud education

i want a well educated and home loving girl to look after my parents..

if my brother OKays the girl, i don't need to see her !!!!!!!!!!!

and these are profiles got by 3 of my close fnds.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

Hilarious!
By the way, I've also seen profiles where they expressly say: "Girls from boarding schools/LSR/St. Stephen's/Miranda House... need not apply!"

A couple years ago one NRI software guy came highly recommended to my parents for me and when they said they were not interested and neither was i, he was quite surprised. Not to sound rude, he was told that I do not want to settle abroad 'cos of my career. When he heard of my career, he very simply said it should be easy for me to move to the US and start anew 'cos i dont do any "real work" here anyway!

I think you should post those pics here so we all can stare in deep, intense fascination.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  
Blogger nevermind said...

N, thanks.

DD,lol! Maybe you should post, am sure you have more on the lowdown re: this.

V, you unreal worker, you! I'd love to post the pics, but, as you see, that might cause some unforeseen complications;-) Btw, I like the fearless nadia calling card. V. cool.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

Thanks! You are the first person so far who knows of Fearless Nadia and that image i shamelessly abuse in my profile :p
She's my hero! Totally! And if you like her too, do watch the documentary her nephew Riyad Wadia made about her :)

Saturday, July 29, 2006  
Blogger nevermind said...

Cool:-) Would love to watch that.

Saturday, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.