Monday, December 04, 2006

Mark Charles Dickens & Lucinda Dickens Hawksley
AT HOME
all day at the Charles Dickens Museum
10 am till 4.30 pm
on Saturday 16th December 2006

Come and join Mark, Lucinda and other direct descendants of
Charles Dickens at 48 Doughty Street, London WC 1N 2LX
Tel: 02074052127 Email: info@dickensmuseum.com

Lucinda will be signing copies of her latest book
"Katey: The Life and Loves of Dickens' Artist Daughter"


Dickens used to live in the terrace on Doughty Street that's now the museum. The nearest tubes are Russell Square and Holborn.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vijayeta said...

I cant believe something like this is happening and i'm not there!
Hmpfh :(

Monday, December 04, 2006  
Blogger nevermind said...

I suspect it's probably more smoke than fire... But the invite was left under the door, and I found it impossibly quaint. I posted it for the memory, so that I might possibly read it years from now and remember the good times. A bit like collecting theatre/concert tickets. But you must visit London sometime, and do only un-touristy things:-)

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

No updates?
...Well, you have no idea how badly I want to go to London, and er, certainly do all the un-touristy things soon as i have my little jaunt on Oxford Street :P

Friday, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Raindrop said...

I'm interested to know if there's food involved. And also, do you get beaten up if you asked for a second helping of gruel?

Saturday, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Raindrop said...

asked=ask. I mix up tenses in my head because I don't really believe in the existence of time.

Saturday, December 09, 2006  
Blogger nevermind said...

Vij, look who's asking for updates! I'm sure Oxford St'll be delighted to have you:-)

Raindrop, yes, you do. That's part of the Dickensian experience. And after everyone asks for more, and gets whacked on the head, they can sit around in a crumbling house in their wedding dress, by their rotting wedding cake forever.. No time constraints here, it's a packege deal:-D

Saturday, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.