Monday, April 10, 2006

vicarious satisfaction

The 20th London Lesbian and Gay Film Fest is on, at venues across the city and country. I desperately wanted to watch Ligy Pullapally's acclaimed Sanchaaram (the club night of which is at Club Kali, one of the hippest venues in London) and Between the Lines, but tickets were sold out weeks in advance. Sanchaaram , incidentally, gets a gala screening. Besides, the sudden onslaught of unaccustomed responsibilities around the house, esp. cooking to feed my embarassing appetite, precluded trying really hard. If I had wangled some tickets, I would've been watching Sanchaaram right now. Anyway, tough luck. At least I get to blog about it. Maybe I'll go up to Manchester in May and watch it. The place is full of Ligys, Lilies, Liceys and Lousys, being home to the largest expat community of Mal nurses and their hirsute husbands in Europe, so at least that should be fun. Not that any of them are likely to turn up.

Btw, Transamerica rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.